01 August 2009

Visions of Singularity

This Kevin Kelly TED talk has been a point of inspiration for me for several months. He outlines some paradigm shifting statistics that point towards a future with ever greater potential for disruptively unexpected events to occur.



How refreshingly sweet and optimistic, then, to see this lighthearted and hypernostalgic vision of a Singularity from the adorable video hipsters from Chicago, Grocerybag TV:



Full Text of the voiceover:

My life is an integrated circuit.
I am inside of my human body, but I don't feel it yet.
We all thought 2012 would be so much more dramatic...
Something religious... or sacred.
Things were more laughable back then.
Back when I was a text message.
We're going to be plugging in our brains soon and nothing will stop the human race from racing.
We'll all be inside containers chasing everything they put in front of us with a pretty logo on it.
It's the internet.
It exists and people are not going insane.

No comments: