19 February 2007

WiiJ





Well it didn't take long for people to hack the Nintendo Wii controllers. Once again music makes another leap forward in interface design. Like the guy says at the end of the first video, its show business. I wish it would stop being show business and start addressing the needs of artists. But like the Sony portapack video camcorders, technology somehow must always be hacked for artists. I wonder if it would have a negative effect on creativity if artists were able to buy really well designed technological tools. My intuition tells me the answer is no. I mean, do painters dislike the fact that they can go get great brushes, canvas and pigments easily?

Another example of how far ahead music technology is opposed to video technology in our ability to manipulate the digital media.

No comments: